The Beginning

Out of the cold and into the warmth...
I'm heading south tonight. After an over-night stop in Phoenix, it'll be wheels down about 1:30 p.m. (CST) Saturday in Guadalajara, Mexico. It will be the first day of the next few weeks in Central Mexico.
To keep the creative juices flowing and the muses breathing during a "working vacation" (aka unemployed), I'm blogging this trip. Even after getting this site up and going, I'm still hesitant to enter the blogging world. Part of it is getting tagged geek, or, worse, self-indulgent. Part of it is not knowing how frequently I'll have reliable internet access as I travel around Mexico. Part of it is hesitancy that anyone will read it -- a bit like having a party and being fearful no one will come (it truly is one of the reasons I avoid throwing shin-digs).
But I'm bound to see some pretty remarkable sites and hear interesting tales, especially as I chase the freelance stories that will help finance the trip. So I'll pass the details along for your collective enjoyment, amusement, curiosity, horror... or whatever it turns out to be.
Take a look at the map. The yellow line indicates the route of travel.
Til the next time...

16 Comments:
Amy, you go girl. Have a blast and take this opportunity to enjoy life and explore a bit. Looking forward to hearing about your discoveries.
(Oops.. that ^ was from Kevin)
Amy,
I am a true believer that everything in this life happens for a reason.
There is a reason you were thrown into this incredible journey.
I wish you luck, love, and adventure beyond your wildest deams.
Have a great time Amy. I'll make this blog a regular online stop.
It's not self-indulgent if you write good stuff, which you will. As far as geeky, well, maybe a little.
I'll follow your adventures . . .
Joanne
I enthusiastically accept and thank you for the invite. The polka dots (I dig), the map, the intro...I am seriously excited to follow your trip.
And I doubt you are a geek, but let us not forget in this computer age that geeks rule. So keep it up. :)
Wishing you all the best!
Trinette
Lauren, I put the misspelled word in there for you.
Or not.
In all honestly, the first post came at the wee hours of the morning. Anxiety and coffee are a poor mix.
Amy - if it's any consolation, I totally missed the typo, too, and I don't even have a reason.
Vayas con dios (I'm a little rusty, hopefully I just didnt insult your mother or something)
Missy
Buenos Dias., I have been on the bumby road before. And I have shed some tears, of pain and thought why me!! Their is always a reason why things happen.
Just lose your self from this and enjoy what you are doing. Clear your mind, and gather your thoughts. Screw them!! Their loss!!
Be good. And hang in there.. I will be looking forwarding to reading your comments, and looking for those photos.
Geek! Freak!
Greek, leak, teak, week
speak, Zeke, Dominique
I didn't know there were going to be games too. cool!
oh yeah and pique and chic
through
T
This is my first time to this site so this is just a test. Have a good time. Talk to ya later. dad
hey there amy - here i am waiting for the e-mail to roll in and they did not!!!! what did i know about a blog????? nothing!!!!! i heard zac say something about the site so i inquired within and now here we goooo - lucky you!! just letting you know ernest burnside passed away and his funeral was wed april 5 - sorry about the late news but i had to figure out the blog thing!!! gotta love this april snow!!! i hope you have the time of your life on this trip - you deserve it for a change!!! you are always doing for others now do something for yourself and enjoy - love just your mother!!
Are you keeping your blog updated? Dosen't look like it. Dad
Was it me that said everything happens for a reason?
Lost my job today. Sure wish I could join up with you, but but not possible. I will have to settle with reading about your adventures.
Thanks for the memories!
Abby
Post a Comment
<< Home